Listen to Your Heart (2010).
I think Netflix suggested this movie to me because of recent movies that I’ve watched.
Danny, (the main character) is a struggling musician who falls in love with Ariana who is deaf. Ariana who is 21-years-old has a very controlling and overbearing mother who attempts to stop Ariana from seeing Danny.
This movie has a lot of themes:
- Dealing with struggles/ overcoming obstacles
- Having hopes and dreams
- The power (therapeutic benefits) of music.
- Developing meaningful relationships
- Being real/ genuine/ authentic and true to yourself
- Passion for life
- Unconditional love and concern for others
- Doing good in the world
- Making a difference in the orld
- Paying it forward
- Being grateful for each day and all the small things
- Death and dying
Finding meaning in life
This was a film that I enjoyed. It had the feeling of an independent (indie movie).